The Street, Capel, Surrey RH5 5JX
tel: 01306 711181

email: info@sbinfant.uk

Executive Headteacher: Mrs Jennie Ratcliff

Head of School: Mrs Laura Bromham

privacy policy

facebook.png

© 2017 by Scott-Broadwood C of E Infant School

Governors

At Scott-Broadwood, we are very lucky to have a small but dedicated team of

Governors, consisting of parents, staff, representatives from the parish and members

of  the wider community. Governors provide support and challenge to the school,

we meet twice termly, visiting the school for monitoring purposes in between times.

Governors are volunteers who take their responsibilities very seriously. Training is

undertaken, provided by the diocese and the local authority which supplements  

and enhances our own skill sets. We value the opinion of the whole school

community and aim to take regular surveys to hear your opinion.

By providing strategic leadership the Governing Body ensures that the vision and ethos of the school is set and upheld. The Headteacher is held to account for the children’s educational performance, especially those children deemed vulnerable. Governors ensure financial probity, we make sure the money  is well spent.

Scott-Broadwood is a Voluntary Aided Church of England School.  This means that the Governors are responsible for 10% of the costs of improving and maintaining the school buildings, the remaining 90% is paid for by the Department of Education, via the Diocese of Guildford.  We also have to pay the annual insurance premium for the building.

In terms of income, we receive valuable contributions from the local Churches and a small amount of interest on trusts that were set up when the village schools were first established.  Any shortfall is made up by donations and fundraising events, these have included quiz evenings and sponsored walks.  If you are interested in making a donation, either as a one-off payment or on a regular basis, please contact the school.

 

To contact me, please leave a message in the school office or email chairofgovernors@sbinfant.uk

Click here for details of membership of the Governing Body.

Click here for details of Governors' attendance.

Click here for the Governors' Register of Interests.

     Claire Robins    Chair of Governors